Monday, March 14, 2011

Safe and Secure

John 14:18-20
: 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
: 19 After a little while the world will behold Me no more; but you will behold Me; because I live, you shall live also.
: 20 In that day you shall know that I am in My Father, and You in Me, and I in you.

In thinking of verse 20, I pictured my left hand spread open and the right hand being coupled and tucked into it and then another (me) coupled and tucked into the right hand.

It made me think of what I had read in Stacy Eldriges’s book, Captivating.
“Safety is not the absence of danger but the presence of Jesus.”

The whole truth is that Jesus is our source of safety and security. We can have the confidence that He loves us deeply and cares for us and is able to keep us safe and secure.

Turning to Jesus in those moments of fear, weakness, or temptation will make our life’s path more steady and true to our calling for we are “the called of Jesus Christ” (Rom 1:6).

I am in the greatest place of safety I can be that does not depend on location, circumstances, or anything else that we experience in this earthly journey. As Your child I am raised up and seated at Your right hand in Christ Jesus. (Eph 2:6)

Thank you for the abundant grace to turn away from fears that hold me back and to enable me to walk knowing that I am in Jesus, and Jesus is in You.

No comments: