Monday, February 9, 2009

The Bridegroom

Eph 5:25
Father, what a beautiful passage about our union with you! Although you are speaking of marriage, You are actually speaking of our heavenly Bridegroom and His Bride.
Jesus, our Bridegroom, was sent for us, was on that Cross for us, experienced death itself for us, so that He could have His Bride forever..” He gave Himself up for her.”

In this passage you go on to say “that He might sanctify her...”. The purpose was to sanctify her, set her apart and make her holy.
Something the Bride could not do for herself. He washed her, cleansed her, purified her; she is now holy just as He is holy. I am now holy.
: 27 “That He might present the church to Himself in glorious splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such things, that she might be holy and faultless.”

Other translations say:
Presented in stainless glory-Con
In all her beauty-TCNT...and faultless
All glorious-NEB
As something wonderful-Beck
As a splendid Bride-Wms
An altogether glorious Church in His eyes--Phil
Free from spots, wrinkles or any other disfigurement, a Church holy and perfect.

You see me as beautiful, as something wonderful, as a splendid Bride (You are not disappointed in me); I am altogether glorious in Your eyes. I am without spot or wrinkle.
I am holy and faultless.

: 29 For no man ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and carefully protects and cherishes it, as Christ does the church, for we are members of His body.

You nourish me, You carefully protect me, You cherish me.

: 31 For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and shall be joined to his wife and the two shall become one flesh.

: 32 “This mystery is great, but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the
church”.

You have been speaking about me and Jesus.
Your Son, the risen Savior Jesus, left His place of glory and honor, of being worshipped by the Host of heaven (all the myriads and myriads of angels); He left You to come to pay the price to take His Bride.

And we His Bride, are now one with Him. His life is our life. Our life is His life. We are hidden with Him in God. We are united with You Father through the death and resurrection of Your Son. Through the blood He shed for us.

Remind me Father to receive the grace to keep my eyes on Your truths about Your Bride.
About myself in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No comments: