Saturday, February 28, 2009

Not to love my life

Rev 12:11 .and they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death.

These words “did not love their life” stirred my heart, Father. Not loving my life.
I immediately thought of “life” meaning all the things my life consists of, like the very special conversations and fellowship with family and friends, my job I am privileged to have, the material things that we possess, etc.
These things are blessings that You, Father, have poured out to me in this earthly life I now live.

But here you are speaking of believers, believers who face physical death. “Life” here meaning our breath of life, that which animates our bodies. Do I love it?
In truth, not loving it is something that only the Spirit of the Living God can do in our heart. Only You, Father, can enable this feeble heart to have the realization of our “true” home, our eternal home. To “know” it is our real home, to look forward to it, to see ourselves talking with the Apostle Paul and the other saints that have gone before us, to be with Jesus walking through the perfect fields of flowers and streets of gold….this is a defining factor that would revolutionize any believers earthly life.
1 Peter 1:23 For you have been born again not of see which is perishable but imperishable….
Is 40:6 All flesh is grass, and all its loveliness is like the flower of the field. The grass withers, the flower fades, But the Word of our God stands forever.

Thank you for the grace to see that Your promise to me will never fade like this physical body does. It is rooted in the blood of the Lamb that has bought me with a price that carries me to my true home.

No comments: