Sunday, September 13, 2009

Absolutely Amazing

Father, I have just read a story about Your amazing love.
It is When Heaven Weeps by Ted Dekker.
It came to my mind this a.m. when my thoughts turned toward Your deep love for me and for Your body.

You have a passionate love for us. Passionate is defined by Webster as an intense feeling.
You pursue us with this passionate love of Yours toward us. You desire us to experience it to the fullest measure.

The main character is addicted and dependent on her supplier. She repeatedly, over and over again, returns to drugs and the one who keeps her in bondage. Even when a man comes into her life and who pours out to her the God given love You put in his heart.
Even when this man blesses her with gifts, with compassion, and even marries her, she still returns over and over. At one point I even said "...not again!"
He continues to pursue her, to forgive her, even in the face of deathly circumstances.
But as this came to my mind this morning, it just reaffirmed to me how unconditional Your divine love is. How amazing that even as we walk so imperfectly in this life's journey, You continue to pursue us by loving us as we are.

We try and try and try to overcome our weaknesses by our own discipline or strength. Yet the core of the power to overcome flows from the fountain of Your life within us. Out of that fountain flows Your love, Your forgiveness, not only of ourselves, but of others.

Yes, Father, You are an amazing God; the only One true and living God who has loved me with an everlasting love.

Jer 31.3 The Lord appeared to him from afar, saying, “I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore, I have drawn you with lovingkindness.

No comments: