Friday, September 25, 2009

He Led Captive

You have had me “stuck” in Eph 4 Father. Unity of the Body of Christ.
Especially today :8 which says He ascended on high,
He led captive a host of captives.
And He gave gifts to men.
Jesus captivated a host of captives. He defeated, He was victorious over all the enemies of God and man. He defeated death, sin, devil, and freed us from all curses.
What is coming to my mind is what Your Son went through to gain my freedom and to have a Body that walks in the love and freedom You and He paid such a high price for.
It cannot be measured….this price.
How can my finite mind understand, know the depths of suffering and pain Jesus went through, what He had to suffer, to free those who were chosen to be His?

All things in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible (Col 1:16) were created by Him and for Him. He reigned in Heaven, glorious, magnificent King of all the Ages.
How can this human mind comprehend the LOVE that compelled Him to become as we are and to go to the Cross and suffer as He did?

Jesus took upon Himself every wrong thought I have ever had ; He took every selfish, sneaky act, all my words spoken in anger, frustration, unbelief and every act done with wrong motives or emotions; He took all the times I heard Your Spirit’s prompting and failed to obey. There is not one transgression that He did not take into Himself for me. And for the world. To multiply one person’s life of sin by the billions…..and to comprehend the cost it took for Jesus to obey You Father, is something impossible for my finite mind.
But Praise to my King, Your Spirit is able to lead us in this understanding. And with each breath of understanding, comes the transformation of my heart to the image of the Risen King. Each word of truth brings light to the Cross.
Open my eyes to Your truths today.

No comments: