Thursday, January 20, 2011

He cares

John 10:13


“He flees because he is a hireling, and is not concerned about the sheep.”

As I read this You brought to my mind, Father that courage does not run just because of someone being very brave but because of caring, because of love.

Even though we might not consider ourselves brave at all, we do have a Savior who is valiant. He resides within us. We have a Savior who has demonstrated His love for us and can do all things through us. He loves us deeply and our Shepherd cares for our every need.

Teach me to trust You and enable me to have courage when called upon to have it. To remember not to be concerned for my own life, for it is in Your mighty hand. To care enough to act in the moment of need in someone else’s life. To truly trust You even though fear seeks to kill every good deed You ask of us.

The hired hand ran because he didn’t care. Jesus laid down His life by His own initiative because He cares.

2 comments:

clevehoward said...

HOW BLESSED I AM TO BE ONE WITH YOU. WHEN I THINK OF YOU, MY DAUGHTER AND MY SISTER, I KNOW I AM A BLESSED MAN BY GOD'S GRACE.
I LOVE YOU VERY VERY MUCH MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE.
CLEVE

Carissa said...

I second that. I love you too, mom.