Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Different Way


2 Kings 5:9-14
Story of Naaman: I love this story Father.  
The scripture says, Naaman, captain of the army of the king of Aram was a great man and highly respected by his master. A valiant warrior though a leper.

 This is what stood out to me:

When Naaman came to the house of Elisha, he already had in his mind how his healing would be played out. “Behold, I thought, He will surely come out to me and stand and call on the name of the LORD his God and wave his hand over the place and cure the leper.”

God’s Spirit in Elisha worked in a different way.

This reminded me of how as believers we perhaps too often play out the answer to our prayers.  To expect You, our great and mighty God to answer is right and good, but to expect You to answer in the way that we think or assume You should, can lead to disappointment or even missing the answer because of our actions to “help” the answer come forth.

You are holy, You are infinitely wise and say “My thoughts are not your thoughts nor are My ways your ways.” (Is 55:8)

 Ps 92:5 says “How great are Your works, O LORD! Your thoughts are very deep.”
 
Elisha did not even come out to Naaman personally. He sent a messenger.
When Naaman finally obeyed as Elisha’s messenger instructed, he was healed.

 Teach me to pray. Teach me to rest in Your truth and everlasting faithfulness

 

No comments: