Sunday, January 11, 2009

Hidden

Father, I was thinking about the teaching I’ve been listening to about selfishness. How to begin to choose to think about others and not be so self centered and self conscious. To start where we are.
You brought to my mind the verse in Colossians 3:1-3. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
That’s what my life is...hidden with Christ in God. Lost in Him; for You say in the Amplified Bible that “I have died with Him as far as this world is concerned and You have given me a new life with Christ in God.” The real me, the real deal, is the person that is actually hidden in God….not by myself but WITH Christ.
That’s what my new life is in Jesus. Hidden in Him. Lost in Him in such a way that those whose presence I physically am with, experience Him. The real me is hidden and His life is having it’s way. The world comes to know Him and His love.
Quite frankly Father, that seems a long way off. But in keeping my eyes on You, I can say with Paul, “Thanks be to God who gives us the victory, through Our Lord Jesus Christ! He is my Savior, My Lord, and my Deliverer!

No comments: