Friday, January 30, 2009

The World

This scripture amazes me, it has grabbed me today.
Gal 6:14 May it never be that I would boast except in our Lord Jesus Christ through whom the world has been crucified to me and I to the world.

What caught my attention was the thought, the truth, that "the world" has been crucified--to me. If it is crucified, it is dead. Only unlike Jesus, the world remains dead to me. It continues in death--to me. If it is dead, it wields no power over me. Worldly thoughts, thinking, opinion, pressures are all sifted by He Who I am one with. Because Jesus is living, He is alive, He is the truth, His thoughts have become my thoughts, His ways my way. He is living out His life in me. We are one, hidden as one in God.

The world has become dead to me--and I to the world. The earthly "I" was crucified with Christ (Rom 6:6). A new "I" was raised up to walk in newness of life (Rom 6); that "I" being one with the Resurrected Glorious Christ, Who is Lord, Whom I am hidden with in God.

Am I rambling Father? Remind me today that whatever I am doing, no matter how small a thing it is, You are not only with me, but You are I in me. The world is dead to me and the new I is alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Teach me, Father, in the practicality of life!

No comments: