Monday, March 16, 2009

Rooted in Love

Father, you keep bringing to my mind Your Word along with the word “roots’.

Eph 3:17…so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you being rooted and grounded in love,:18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length, and height and depth :19 and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.

Our roots are to be grounded in the depths of your divine love. With the grounding of roots in your love, comes the grace to comprehend and thereby “know” the love of our Savior. This kind of “knowing” is not of the human mind but is by the Spirit.
This is the fullness of God.

Col 2:6-7 As you have therefore received Christ (even Jesus the Lord) so walk in union with and conformity to Him :7 Have the roots (of your being) firmly and deeply planted (in Him) fixed and founded in Him, being continually built up in Him and established in Your faith…

Jesus completes me. He is the One who builds me up and establishes me in faith. He is the fullness of God. To me is made available the grace to walk in the fullness of God, the Creator of this world, of all things in heaven and earth.

How great a love the Father has bestowed on me that I should be called a child of God.
1 John 3:1

No comments: