Sunday, March 1, 2009

God Listening

It seems, Father, You are helping me to understand more that Your love for me is the fountain from which flows joy. The more understanding my heart receives about what You have done for me at the Cross-demonstrating Your love for me-the more joy I experience.
In thinking of Bro. Lawrence’s encouragement to “do all for the love of God”, You are showing me that he centered his mind on Your Presence and doing all for you love. That is what brought his joy; Your love being expressed in the daily routine of his life and chores so that being on his knees in prayer was the same as when he was washing dishes.

What does this mean?
Doing all for the love of God is centering our heart on the love You so freely poured into our hearts. Every aspect of our life is guided by this.

“Listening” for the love of God is listening to someone even if we disagree with one another to hear their heart. God “listening” understands where they have light and where light has not yet been received. God “listening” is not being threatened or impatient as they seek to express themselves. Not impatiently waiting to answer, but giving them, allowing them the freedom to finish their thoughts uninterrupted. (Prov 18:13) Trusting that the Holy Spirit will give us the appropriate truth to answer with grace and His love. God listening is resting in Christ.

No comments: