Friday, May 8, 2009

Holy and Blameless

Father, You have spoken to me once again of the glorious work of the Cross.

In looking up all the ways You use the word "blameless", it renews my amazement of Your love for me. Especially seeing the “holy and blameless” is used only 3 times in the N.T. and it is referring to me and to all true believers in Christ.
(Eph 1:4, 5:27, and Col 1:22)

According to the Greek word “hagios” used in these passages, You are saying to me that I am a most holy thing, a saint. What is amazing is we so often forget that we are holy and blameless “in Your sight” (Eph 1:4). We tend to consider our failings, faults, sins, and our less than perfect ways and lives.

But what a wonderful thing, a marvelous comfort to renew our mind to this awesome Truth. I am holy and blameless, a saint “in Your sight”.
You enable me to gratefully run back to this Truth, to be refreshed by it, and to bask in the forgiveness that has already been given to me at the Cross 2000 years ago through Our Lord Jesus Christ.

I love You Father and may I learn to immerse myself, to continually receive the love You have already proved to me through the Cross of Our Lord Jesus.

No comments: