Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Anchor

Father, I was surprised when looking up "anchor" in the NT. It is used only once in reference to our soul. The other 3 times it was mentioned was in reference to Paul's ship wreck in Acts.

Why is it that hope is an anchor? Why it is so important?

An anchor by Webster's definition is
1. cast overboard to hold a boat in a particular place
2. a reliable or prinicpal support
3. something that serves to hold an object firmly.
4. a fixed object (as a tree, rock)) to which a climber's rope is secured.

In verse:17,18 You speak about Your unchangeableness in Your purpose and plan. You gave a promise and swore by yourself and state that You cannot lie.

My hope is in YOU. You ARE my Hope.

1. You are there, always ever present in the same place, when I call upon Your name.
2. You are the reliable and the principal stake in the ground for me. Through You being my hope, You bring encouragement and consolation in the moments of need.
3. You hold me firmly in Your arms and do not let me go. You keep me close to You.
4. You allow me to cling to you, to rely on you, to depend on You...I am secure in You.

Yes, Father, the hope in these verses speak of the eternal promise You have given to us and encourage us that this hope ushers us into Your presence where Jesus has entered in for us as High Priest forever.

May You grace enable me this day to be aware of Your presence and reminds me of Your unalterable, unchangeable love.

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Praying for you and dad...I love you.