Saturday, February 13, 2010

He Tasted Death for Me

Hebrews 2:9
"But we see Him who was made for a little whle lower than the angels, namely, Jesus,because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the
grace of God He might taste death for everyone."

I absolutely love this scripture, Father! This reminds me once again that we will not die---ever!! Jesus died for us (so often said)...but do we really really grasp its full meaning?

Physical death no longer has a hold on us-even though the body decays and returns to dust. Praise God! I will be more alive than I ever was on this earth. Jesus was dead and He arose--He went through the suffering of death
and conquered it.We no longer have to be held in fear (slavery)of it.(Hebrews 2:14) Jesus rendered it powerless over us.

As Your child, Father, I rejoice in the eternal life You have provided for me. But this victory over death is mine today in my daily walk with You also.

2 Cor 4:16 "Do not lose heart,even though our outer man is decaying, our inner man is being renewed day by day."

Rom 8:6 "The mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace."

I was thinking about what brings death into my daily walk.

2 Cor 10:4-5 shows us that the battle is in the mind;
"taking captive every thought to the obedience of Christ" will conquer death right now. Through the death of Jesus Christ, His Spirit within me is able to conquer every thought that is destructive, when I allow Him to conquer it.

If a thought is negative, most likely it will be destructive. Destructive to others, to our health and wholeness, to our love, kindness, and compassion. It works death in these. It forms unhealthy attitudes.

This results in the very harsh truth that others also suffer the consequences of a person's yielding to the negative.

Father, You are a life-giving Spirit (1 Cor 15:45). Death was conquered by our Risen Lord. Death in a believer's life is destroyed and conquered through Him.

I thank you that You are the One that makes me new in the spirit of my mind (Eph 4:23) and enables me to be transformed by that renewing.(Rom 12:2)

You are Life!!

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Just what we were talking about today! Thank you for these verses to stand on! I love you.