Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Clothes

Col 3:3 For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

To me that means Father that we are inseparable, that my real life is hidden and reveals Your life to others.
Hidden in this verse can also mean to escape notice, to conceal that it may not become known.

My life becomes more hidden as you teach me Your ways.

Col 3:10
You say to “put on the new self”. This new self is being renewed to a true knowledge that enables us to become like our Creator. Truth draws us closer to You, Father. We begin to think like you, to act like you, and to actually live in Your presence more.

The word “put” means to clothe oneself. We are to put on new clothing. This is clothing that is put on after we have died. Now that we are raised up with Christ, and are hidden with Him, we have new clothing to wear.

So when I consider clothing I think of what I wear. I put on clothing that I like, that make me feel good, that compliments my hair and skin coloring, that speak of my taste and personality. It is a reflection of who we are and You just brought to my mind, also it can tell who or what owns us. Who or what dominates our life.

Clothing can tell the world a lot about us.

Since I have died I have changed clothed. I’ve taken off the old clothing of anger, wrath, bad feelings toward others, abusive hard speech, and anything like these.

I’ve got new clothes that make me look really good!

My new regenerated self, this hidden self loves compassion and understanding of others. It is kind, humble, gentle and patient, which means to be tireless, long-suffering and has the power to endure whatever comes, with good temper. Most importantly, it is ready to forgive as Christ has forgiven me.

And after I put on this new clothing, putting the final touch on, love, will complete and unite all of it together.

The secret? The secret that believers know and the world does not know, is that what really makes us look good and draws people to us is Jesus Christ with Whom I am hidden. This new clothing reveals the resurrected Christ.

Remind me Father to consider well what I am wearing each day.

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Mom, I love the comparison of our earthly clothes with our heavenly ones. I love you!