Friday, May 3, 2013

Fear



The definition of fear according to Strong's and NAS concordances is  panic flight, terror, alarm.

Helps Word Studies
5401 phóbos (from phebomai, "to flee, withdraw") – fear (from Homer about 900 bc on) 5401 (phóbos) meant withdrawal, fleeing because feeling inadequate (without sufficient resources, Abbott-Smith).

 So fear means according to the concordances, that we are withdrawing ourselves from the LORD. I have not thought of it like that before.  To flee, to separate myself from the One who has created me and enveloped me in His love.  Who has His angels constantly watching over me, guarding me and keeping me safe.
How is it Father, that I would submit to this spirit of fear? It has been defeated, trod down by the triumphant resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.
How is it that I would allow myself to panic, to be intimidated, to avoid and flee from something because of fear and dread? To flee from the shelter of the Provider of all things!

You desire the heart of every believer to yield to Your will and guidance.
Simply to trust You.
And though I have missed much because of fear, You are the Redeemer, the Restorer of lost opportunities.  

Your Grace is enough that when You remind us to call upon its infinite supply, it is there to empower the weakest of souls; to conquer this self that submits us to the enslavement of fear and causes us to turn away from an opportunity to bless You and others.

Your marvelous love, proven and validated by the death and resurrection of Jesus, is the antidote for this fear that wants to cripple believers. Your love is deep, alive, always moving in our lives, forever stabilizing our lives and filling us with faith, hope, and love itself.

So grateful is my heart to You, the Living God, who hears the cries of His people.
Thank you Father for once again teaching me and reminding me about Your perfect love!


No comments: